How Mindset + Action beat Diabetes Type II (2)
It was early March 2016,
Gilberto, A good friend from London skype’d to ask my opinion
about his recent bad news.
Gilberto: “I have bad news to share”
Me: “Bad news?, What happened?”
He explained he had just been diagnosed with Diabetes!
(Type 2) and was obviously shocked and very concerned.
“Listen Gilberto… I have some great news for you!” : )
Although my words would sound crazy and possibly uncaring to some people,
Gilberto knows that I do care, and that I am indeed a little crazy!
We spoke for nearly 2 hours about how his Diabetes was due to his poor lifestyle choices.
I KNEW in my heart that Gilberto could turn this around if…
he was willing to make some serious changes, and make those changes now!
Thankfully, Gilberto was all ears. I think we spoke for over an hour.
In an effort to keep this post short, here is a summary of the comments and key points shared with during our conversation:
- You know that I am Not a doctor and thus unable to prescribe or cure, right?
- Ask your doctor if he’d be willing to re-evaluate your diagnosis in a couple of weeks from now, before prescribing insulin or another medication. ok?
- Your Mind, Your Thoughts, Your Beliefs, and Actions, can turn this around and beat Diabetes!
- Consider changing your eating habits NOW!
- Cut out the carbs, the bread, the pasta, the sugar, and sweet foods, drinks. Cut out the wine as well. (Gilberto had been consuming high quantities of the above)
- Increase daily vegetable intake.
- Study success. Search google for stories of other people who successfully beat diabetes, people
who have successfully reversed their diagnosis.
- Don’t waste your time studying the average people who fail. Study the winners! Study Success!
- Visualize, right now, your next visit with your doctor, Imagine, your doctor… looking at your new lab reports, smiling, and saying “Gilberto, amazing!!!!, How did you do it?! These test results show that your blood sugar levels are now in the idea range, Actually, better than average!” You are amazing!!”
- In your minds eye, be there now, see the expression on your doctors face,
- Hear his words, and FEEL your pride!
- IMAGINE it’s happening now. Pretend and Imagine.
- Notice how great you feel listening to his words! Gilberto! …How did you do it?
- That’s right! YOU did it, YOU created Real Magic using your god given power of Imagination + Action!
About a month later, Gilberto sends me an email saying
“…Some great news… Ketogenic diet is great!
I have lost in the last 30 days about 22 pounds
and by miracle, after just 30 days, my morning glucose is
Before diet: it was 6.7, 6.8, sometime even 7.0.
Now, in the last 5 days, 5.5, 5.3, 5.2, and 4.8
“I believe because I walk a lot that day” : )
“So my diabetes is now gone! Is past now”
“Thank you for the insights and clues! “
What’s the lesson here?
A “diagnosis” or a “prognosis” is NOT written in stone.
YOU have the power to change mentally, emotionally, and Physiologically!
Your thoughts, your beliefs, and your actions hold great power.
Doctors are also important. Tests are important.
The keys words here are Beliefs, Actions, Results
Belief: “I can and will change this!”
Actions: “I will change my eating”
Results: “Blood sugar levels in the normal range”
Test results can, and do change.
In 2008, follow a surf trip, a bacteria entered my ear and began eating a hole in the cornea. The light from my phone unbearable to look at. Had to find someone else to dial for me.
The doctor (in Brazil) at the eye hospital insisted that I meet with him EVERY DAY for 7 consecutive days!
Yes, even on Sunday! My doctors medication, and his dedication saved my eye!
If it had not been for that amazing doctor, I would have lost my eye.
The point here, Doctors ARE valuable
AND…at the same time,
WE must also take responsibility for our own health and do
Everything we can do.
and appreciate the vast power that is you!
The power of choice,
the power of decisive and measurable action,
the power of your mind,
the power of You,
the power of me,
and the power of we.
If this post only helps 1 person to beat diabetes 2,
or another unwanted diagnosis, then it would be a success.
Thank you for reading!
You are appreciated!
– Jeff Bliss
Mindset with a Twist!™️